As a member of the Accredited Counsellors, Coaches, Psychotherapists and Hypnotherapists, I have signed up to the following code of conduct and ethics.
1. I hereby agree fully to these rules and regulations of this code of conduct regarding my membership of ACCPH.
2. I shall always conduct my professional services with the highest propriety.
3. I shall not infringe the codes of conduct of my profession and will not engage in any conduct that would reflect poorly on my morality, fellow practitioners or ACCPH.
4. I shall not profess to cure any conditions presented by my clients.
5. I will never use hypnotherapy or hypnosis as a means of entertainment (e.g. Stage Hypnosis).
6. I will never take advantage of or enter into a sexual relationship with a client.
7. I will keep my client’s affairs confidential, (law of the land withstanding).
8. I shall accept that any client referred to me by a GP remains the responsibility of that GP, so agree to keep the GP or other relevant agencies informed of their patient’s progress.
9. I shall never advise clients to discontinue any treatment prescribed by a GP or any other Registered Medical Practitioner.
10. I shall at all times respect the integrity of other health care professionals.
11. I shall not claim to have qualifications or credentials I have not earned. Neither shall I use designated letters to which I am not entitled.
12. I will not become or remain a member of any organisation that has been found to be dangerous or fraudulent and may cause detriment to ACCPH.
13. I accept the authority of the Disciplinary Committee regarding any breach of the above Code of Conduct and Ethics. I understand that the Disciplinary Committee can suspend or terminate my membership for infringement of the above Code.
14. I solemnly swear to abide by this Code of Conduct and Ethics.
All grades of ACCPH members agree to abide by the following stipulations of this Quality Charter:
The Accredited Counsellors, Coaches, Psychotherapists and Hypnotherapists (ACCPH) is an independent professional body and register for counsellors, coaches, psychotherapists and hypnotherapists.